Are you concerned that your home in Garner, NC, may have a carbon monoxide leak? Carbon monoxide gas has no smell, color or taste that humans can easily detect. However, our team has put together a list of three signs that you may have a leak and what you can do to address it.

Unusual Soot or Smoke Coming From Your Furnace

Even though carbon monoxide is odorless, the gas is often accompanied by other signs that you can see. For example, if you see an unusual amount of soot around your furnace, you may have particulates and carbon monoxide gas coming back into your home.

We recommend installing carbon monoxide detectors on each level of your home. These devices, similar to a traditional smoke alarm, will be able to detect the gas and alert you to an issue in your home.

Yellow Staining on Walls or Surfaces

Carbon monoxide will leave yellowish or brownish stains on walls or other surfaces. If you see discoloration around any of the appliances or equipment in your house, you should call a certified professional immediately.

Our team can help you with an indoor air quality analysis. Based upon those results, we can then make recommendations to help you resolve any identified issues.

Yellow Burner Flames

The burner flames on a natural gas-powered stove are typically blue or white in color. If you see yellow flames, then it’s possible that your stove is leaking carbon monoxide into your home. Our recommendation would be to stop using the stove and contact a licensed professional to repair the appliance.

Carbon monoxide is a serious issue that can be deadly if not addressed properly. Contact our team at Quality Comfort Services, Inc. today to have us test your home for carbon monoxide. Our experienced team can help you identify and eliminate potential risks for carbon monoxide leaks.

Image provided by iStock

Pin It on Pinterest

Compliance Settings
Increase Font Size
Simplified Font
Underline Links
Highlight Links